Business is all about managing risks. Monitoring the landscape and the Coronavirus has the potential to disrupt business.
What risks are your business subjective to
- Individual staff quarantined. An interview with Matt Hancock (See here). Advised the government have the power to force individuals in to compulsory isolation to help control the spreading of this virus.
- Key personal being off ill.
- Large quantities of staff being to ill to work.
- Staff too scared to come into work.
- Sick family members requiring staff to take time off?
- Childcare issues. An outbreak at a school could result in local authorities closing schools. Staff with children could have no child care.
- Those who do get into the office could contaminate other staff.
- Suppliers being unable to function due to staffing issues.
- Delays, due to disruption in the supply train, quarantined freight, quarantined countries causing lengthy diversions to couriers and haulage.
- Disruption of public transport, preventing staff getting to work.
- Mandatory isolation. Matt Hancock also eluded that the UK government would consider any necessary action to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Matt Hancock on isolating cities: “We don’t take anything off the table at this stage” (Source BBC)
How can business protect itself,
- If it is essential staff come in to work. Then ensure that staff
- Wash hands frequently
- Catch coughs and sneezes in a disposable tissue.
- Throw away used tissues and then wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with unwell people.
- Encourage staff to work from home.
- Use a VOIP phone system and ensure that staff have the training and facilities to use their extension from home.
- Ensure that staff have a laptop or can securely work from their home computer without breaching GDPR.
- Ensure staff have access to all the systems they need from home.
- Ensure those staff who don’t normally work from home have the capability to work from home.
- Use a staff collaboration tool such as Teams or Slack.
- Cancel/postpone upcoming projects.
- Provide disinfectant/Hand Sanitisers
How can Mear Technology help.
Mear Technology provide a range of services to help you staff work remotely. 3CX VOIP system allows your staff to work remotely using their office phone, Office 365 and Sharepoint setup correctly can provide your staff with great collaboration tools and the flexibility to work wherever they have an internet connection. For those with more traditional infrastructures Mear Technology can deliver VPN connection to remote staff.
But every business is different we would like the opportunity to discuss your businesses individual needs. Call us on 01506 668 613 lets see how we can help.