Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Mear Technology will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agency must obtain advance written approval from Mear Technology to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.
Mear Technology will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Nor will we accept a claim of a candidate unless the Agency has entered in to a signed contract with Mear Technology.
Why work at Mear Technology
Mear Technology value our staff members we treat them as our family. You will be part of a close team who value you as an individual. We will assist your growth and support your development.
Our offices offer a bright clean and spacious work environment. It is all about work though, to help balance work and play we have a three-in-one games table (pool/air hockey/table tennis).
For fitness we have recently introduced a treadmill. Our team utilise this for a workout during breaks. For those wanting to venture outside for fresh air there are some lovely walks.
Job Vacancies! Browse our current available positionsApply today we will keep you on file!
We are sorry but we have no available positions
IT Support Engineer
|Hours:||9:00 - 17:30 Mon - Fri
1 Hour lunch break
|Salary:||£20,000 to £29,000 dependent on experience|
The role is ideally suited to a candidate who is looking to broaden their experience while developing their career.
Mear Technology Ltd are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic IT Support Engineer. We provide B2B support to SMB primarily across central Scotland. Our main office is in Livingston this position will be based in the office and carrying out client visits as needed. Company shared vehicles are available.
You will be working as part of a busy and well-established team that provides support to a wide range of clients situated throughout central Scotland. The role is to provide support for Desktop & servers, Printers, Broadband, Microsoft 365, and VOIP solutions, but there will be opportunities to expand on this.
You should have excellent communication skills and telephone manner. We expect you to have at least 4 years of experience in a similar role, however on the job training will be provided where required. You need to be hardworking and self-motivated with good problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside the box to solve client issues.
Daily tasks can include onsite or remote installing/configuring/diagnosing of hardware and software faults. Providing proposals to clients for new hardware and placing orders from our suppliers. There will also be a requirement for everyday administration tasks like adding users and resetting passwords etc.
- Dealing with 1st Line and 2nd Line helpdesk issues
- Providing high quality technical support to our customer base
- Identifying and resolving technical issues to a high standard
- Engaging with 3rd party/vendors where appropriate to escalate and prioritise issues
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve/upgrade systems
- Dealing with client Migrations and other projects to completion
- Generating client proposals for clients for new or replacement hardware
- Purchasing hardware and organising installation/delivery
- Ensuring documentation is updated and created as required
- Raising and solving tickets across the Helpdesk and ensuring a timely and friendly service
- Using monitoring software systems to manage alerts in an efficient manner
- Prioritising workloads to ensure all client queries are dealt with accordingly
- Focusing on providing permanent fixes where possible instead of temporary workarounds
- At least four years’ experience in a helpdesk role
- Experience in a fast-paced support environment
- A good understanding of networks, protocols and internet technologies
- Proven technical skills/knowledge around end-user devices, including software, printers, servers, storage, network and voice
- Experience with Managing Microsoft 365 (particularly SharePoint online)
- Friendly and keen to learn
- Experience of using PowerShell with Office 365 specifically
- Full UK clean driving license
- Right to work in the UK
- Knowledge across the full spectrum of IT, from supporting LAN/WAN networks through to router and telephony
- Excellent English skills
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Excellent one to one personal skills
- Office 365 migration, set up and installation
- Configuring and troubleshooting Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 Professional
- General software product support
- Adaptable software problem solving skill
- Some knowledge on Apple desktop operating systems would be advantageous
- First line remote support experience
- Router/Firewall set up and configuration
- Excellent time management skills e.g. Ability to accurately prioritise and interleave tasks for multiple customers - takes most cost-effective route to problem resolution
- Exceeds expectations in the completion of tasks
- Exemplary team member, diligent and effective in working collaboratively with others
- Demonstrable significant experience in providing an excellent service to a diverse range of complex customer requirements in a busy enterprise environment
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation appropriate to the intended audience
Desirable any of the following would be of advantage
- Experience supporting Apple MacOS would be a significant advantage
- Working knowledge of IOS and Android platforms would be advantageous
- Microsoft Azure Set up and Installation
- Working knowledge of PowerShell/bash/VBscript/batch or any other scripting language
- Experience diagnosing broadband issues
- Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE), Linux (LPIC-1, LPIC-2)
- 3CX Phone Systems
- Draytek Routers
- Zyxel Firewalls
- Ubiquiti Unifi devices
- Acronis Backup
- Experience using Remote Monitoring and Management platforms RMM
- Being comfortable in a Unix environment would be a significant advantage
Mear Technology Ltd is a forward-thinking IT support and managed service provider. Our staff are like family and we are looking for another member to join our team. We have a high staff and client retention. If you are passionate about IT and keen to learn new technologies and services, we would like you to get in touch. We try to be a one stop shop for our clients wherever possible and we pride ourselves on the relationships we have built with our customers and the quality of service we provide.
- Company Pension
- IT hardware at cost
- Access to Perks including discounts at many high-street brands
- Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30PM
- Support Staff are required to cover helpdesk during evenings, weekends and during festive holidays. Cover is on a rota basis. Calls are typically minimal during these periods
- Annual Holidays: 28 days.