Abbey Strand Apartments
On the doorstep of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, The Queen’s official residence in Scotland, and dating back to 1490, the building has assumed myriad guises. Whether Abbot’s Mansion, Medieval alms house, lodgings for Mary Queen of Scots courtiers or a sanctuary for debtors, these ancient walls have been privy to the comings and goings of many a colourful character. These personalities have inspired this sumptuous collection of apartments and created a hallmark for original living.
Abbey Strand part of the Lateral city collection required technical consultation during the planning phase of this beautiful building. Abbey strand had a particular desire that technology should be matching of the surrounds.
Deliver modern network that allowed the network to be segregated for a range of services including security/guest services/building operation. With the constraints of thick concrete walls.
Deliviered eligenat and refiened hardware befitting of such a stunning venue.
- Email system – Office 365
- Broadband, Firewall, Network and Wifi
- Guest wifi system
- New Hardware – HP
- Software Sales – Office 365 / Antivirus
- Phone system – 3CX Hosted.
- On-going IT Support
Mear Technology Ltd were selected to design and consult the IT requirements during the design phase. During the build phase we regularly attending site meetings to ensure IT requirements were met.
In pre-opening we attended site and supervised 3rd parties and tested and configured elements dependent on IT infrustructure.
- Delivered pre-build wireless heat maps based on site plans to determine estimated wireless coverage based on building fabrication.
- Attended planning meetings to ensure IT requirements were met.
- Supplied and configured broadband, firewall, network and wireless to all rooms.
- Deployed our own guest wifi system that was developed to replace a system used by The Edinburgh Grand Hotel.
- Abbey strand wanted to use antique rotary dial phones with their modern 3CX VOIP platform. The handsets were modified with a modern tone dialler and adapted by Mear Technology to work with 3CX.
- Supplied new laptop and printer for onsite staff.
- Configured Paxton Net2 door entry.
- Worked with 3rd parties such as Net2 installer and CCTV installer to ensure Network was properly segregated and managed.
Mear Technology efforts and support ensured that the hotel opened on time and guests were able to enjoy the facilities without worrying about the IT. It just works!
The old phones were a nice touch and were configured to phone reception upon lifting the receiver and offered a novel experience to guests.
“We have used Mear Technology at two other sites of our “The Edinburgh Grand Hotel” and “The Old Town Chamber”. They listen to our requirements and I have every confidence in their can do will do attitude. Ongoing support has been exceptional dealing with 3rd parties and allowing me to concentrate on the business. I could not be happier with working with Mear Technology.”Gavin MacLennan – General Manager, Lateral City
SEE WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Mear Technology Ltd provide a range of services and are the first point of call for our customers ahead of any IT services/decisions.
Call us on 01506 668 613