The Edinburgh Grand
Originally built in the early 1800s as a hotel, 42 St Andrew Square, was bought in 1825 by the National Bank of Scotland before being given a new lease of life as The Edinburgh Grand.
The Edinburgh Grand Provides 50 luxury serviced apartments accommodating up to six guests. Apartments come in a range of shapes and sizes, from uniquely configured Grand Studios, to the jaw-dropping, three-bedroom, rooftop penthouse.
The client was looking for a contractor to provide pre-build budget costs and and ongoing technical advice during build along with hardware, software, telecoms and network connectivity.
Having grown tired of delays with their existing vendors The Edinburgh Grand were looking for a more attentive and motivated provider to assist them in the opening and ongoing running of the site.
We provided a modern network that allowed the network to be segregated for a range of services including sub tenants who would be leasing the avaliable commercial units within the building.
- Leased Line Connectivity
- Telephone System
- Email system
- File System
- New Hardware
- Software Sales
- On-going IT Support
Mear Technology Ltd provided technical services to split the core IT services from the parent company’s network. This included migrating all telecoms services, email and file data while maintaining business operations.
- Completed handover and lock out of previous IT vendor.
- Supplied Microsoft Office365 and migrated all licences seamlessly from the previous vendor.
- Supplied and installed a VOIP telephone system initially into temporary offices then moved to The Edinburgh Grand once the build was handed over.
- Worked with NET2 door entry provider to ensure the installation running on top of the Network went smoothly.
- Worked with the installers of the corporate WiFi during the installation. The original contractor ran in to issues and was unable to complete the project. Mear Technology Ltd stepped in and took over the project to ensure that the Edinburgh Grand was able to open with fully operational services.
- Consulted with furniture builders to ensure the bespoke reception desk was able to support the IT equipment required.
- Delivered and distributed a leased line and subdivided the connection to commercial lets within the building.
- Worked with BLACKBX to deliver a superb guest WiFi experience.
The Edinburgh Grand was able to meet its opening and operational deadlines working with Mear Technology. The Edinburgh Grand have entrusted us to collaborate on other projects and take over the entire group’s IT Support and Network management.
“Mear Technology were the right fit for us from the start. They listened to our requirements and helped advise and deliver the solutions we required. Ongoing support has been exceptional dealing with 3rd parties and allowing me to concentrate on the business. I could not be happier working with Mear Technology.”Gavin MacLennan – General Manager, Lateral City
SEE WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Mear Technology Ltd provide a range of services and are the first point of call for our customers ahead of any IT services/decisions.
Call us on 01506 668 613