Recently one of our customers had a weird issue.
When accessing their company SharePoint site using Microsoft Edge, the site was continuously refreshing and not allowing access any to any of the contents.
Fixing the issue
Step 1 –
- Close all open Microsoft Edge windows,
- Open file Explorer and navigate to “%localappdata%\Packages“
- You will find a folder called “Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe“, right-click on it, click properties and remove the check from “Read-Only“. Click “Apply” and then “OK“.
- Now, right click again on the same folder, and select “Delete“, if you get any “Access Denied” prompt, click “Continue” and “Skip” any files you can not delete for now.
- Navigate inside the folder, and try to delete any of the contents (You might not be able to delete the folder “AC“
- Restart your machine,
Step 2 –
Now we will need to obtain and register the Microsoft Edge package.
- Open PowerShell as Administrator
- Now type the following command
If successful, you will not see any red output.
Now, reboot your machine again and try to access your SharePoint site. It should now work fine.